With more awareness about SEO, the level of competition has also advanced and businesses now find it a little challenging to stay in spotlight. Even the local businesses are now finding themselves in a situation where beating competition is considered as the only way to survive in the markets.
- Register in Google My Business and claim your listing. This should be the first thing to do if you are intending to come under Google’s limelight. While claiming your business listing, make sure that you are filling every detail that would include your name, address, location, contact info and your business’s introduction. Pay good attention to category selection.
- Register your business listing in the secondary business listing websites such as Yahoo local, Bing places, Yelp, LinkedIn and Facebook. Online consumers usually look for services or products in their localities in these websites such as San Jose SEO.
- Along with the primary listing websites, use citation websites to give your business website additional exposure. People usually do not visit these websites but Google evaluates the links listed in these websites.
- Review and testimonials do not only make your business trustable among potential customers but Google also pays attention to the listings with positive feedback. Therefore, ask your customers to leave feedback after using your product or service.
- Since you are going to market your business in the local market, it is imperative to add the business address in the website. That will not only help the people to locate your business but it will also make your website discoverable by Google.
- Make sure that you are following the most effective off-page SEO technique, aka link building. Traffic coming through high authority websites to your business website is valued by Google in a positive manner.
- With mobile internet usage on rise, it is important that your website would load faster. You can implement Accelerated Mobile Pages to make the site speed better. With the help of tool provided by Google, you can test your site’s speed.
These are some of the basic local business search optimization techniques which you can implement to make your business prominent in your locality.